After the addition of Gen IV in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, a lot of players are having trouble finding new Pokemons to complete the Pokedex of Gen IV. In this guide we will tell where to get Riolu in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl. Riolu is a Fighting and Steel type Pokemon. Getting Riolu and Lucario, its evolved form, is a bit tricky in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.
1. Where to Get Riolu in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
First you need to beat Gym 5 in the Pokemon League and unlock the Surf HM. Now you need to go to Canalave City. Follow these steps to get to the exact location of Riolu:
- First you need to get the Surf HM from Cythia’s grandmother at Celestic Town. Then you need to defeat Crasher Wake, Gym leader of Pastoria City.
- Now head back to Jubilife City and take the exit from west to Route 218 and use Surf HM to go to Canalave City.
- At the bottom side of the Canalave City you will see a sailor NPC standing in front of the boat. You need to talk to him. This NPC is the key to finding Riolu.
- After talking to the sailor NPC, the sailor NPC will take you to Iron Island where you will find the Riolu in its Egg form.
2. How to Get Riolu Egg in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Once you reach Iron Island head towards the cave. You will ultimately run into Riley, an NPC, while exploring level two of the cavern. Riley will ask you to team up with him to battle against Team Galactic.
Now your only task is to defeat Team Galactic, after defeating Team Galactic in a dual battle. Riley will thank you for helping him by giving you a Riolu Egg.
4. How to Hatch Riolu Egg in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
To hatch Riolu egg in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, you need to attach the item to your Party and simply proceed to Solaceon Town to locate the game’s longest unobstructed straight road. Simply run up and down this path until you’ve walked a sufficient number of steps to hatch your Pokémon egg.
5. How to Get Lucario in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
The only way to get the Lucairo in Pokemon BDSP is to evovle Riolu. After you hatch Riolu from the egg, here comes the tricky part. In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl evolving Fighting-type has some specific steps that you do in order to evolve them. Follow these steps to evolve fighting-type in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl easily:
- First you need to increase your friendship level with Riolu.
- Best way to increase friendship level is by having Riolu walk outside the Pokeball or by feeding berries to make them happy.
- Once you have one heart at your friendship level you need to level up Riolu during the day time.
- If it’s not daytime, just go to your Nintendo Switch settings and adjust your system’s clock between 10:00 AM to 7:59 PM.
- And your Riolu will evolve into Lucario. That’s all you need to do to evolve Riolu into Lucario.
6. About Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl developed by ILCA and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company for the Nintendo Switch. The game was released on 19 November 2019. This game is a remake of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl 2006. It is part of the 8th generation of the Pokemon video game series.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here