There are some times when you are urgently required to send someone a WhatsApp text. But ultimately, without saving its contact, you cannot send any message on WhatsApp. Sometimes you may also need to contact the unknown for queries but again, not knowing the concerned person’s name, you may end up saving (XYZ) names in your contact list. Such things led to the plethora of unknown contacts on your smartphone which is quite annoying. In this guide, we will show how to send Whatsapp direct message without adding to contact.
How to Send WhatsApp Direct Messages Without Adding a Contact?
Below are a few methods you can use to send WhatsApp messages directly without adding to contact.
Method 1: WhatsApp’s Click-to-Chat Feature
This feature, however, is not available on the WhatsApp app. To execute, you must generate the link first. Additionally, this feature works on both mobile and computers.
1. Open the browser on your phone. You can copy and paste this link into your browser’s address bar: http://wa.me/xxxxxxxxxx or this one: http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=xxxxxxxxxx.
2. You must use the phone number and country code in place of “xxxxxxxxxx,” for example, if you wish to message +919912131141, the link would be http://wa.me/9199121311141.
3. Press enter to open the URL after you have typed it.
4. A WhatsApp webpage with the recipient’s phone number and a green “Message” button will then appear. The green message button will take you directly to WhatsApp when you tap it.
5. With that, you can now easily text the person without adding the contact.
Method 2: Siri Shortcut (for iPhone Only)
This method works mostly on devices having iOS 12 or newer versions.
- Firstly, you need to install the “Apple Shortcuts App”.
- After that, install the WhatsApp to Non-Contact shortcut on your iPhone. To do that, just tap the link on your iPhone and select “Add shortcut”. Try WhatsApp Unsaved Number and WhatsApp Thread if you’re looking for further similar shortcuts.
- The newly installed shortcut will then be visible when you open the Apple Shortcuts app. Tap it to start it.
- There will be a pop-up. Click “Choose recipient” and enter the receiver’s phone number in international format.
- The WhatsApp chat thread with that specific number will start.
- By adding the shortcut to your iPhone’s home screen, simplify the procedure. To do that, open the Shortcuts app and tap on the “WhatsApp to Non-Contact” shortcut’s three-dot icon.
- Click the top three-bar symbol.
- Choose “Add to Home Screen.”
- Tap “Add” in the top right corner to finish.
- From now on, you may hit the shortcut symbol on the home screen whenever you wish to communicate with someone on WhatsApp without adding them to your iPhone contacts.
11. Select the recipient by clicking the button.
12. After that, enter the phone number to begin a WhatsApp chat.
Method 3: Third-Party Websites
The following website will help you to use the click-to-chat feature with a simple process. You enter the number on the website to launch the associated WhatsApp Chat Thread.
1. On your smartphone or computer, open the browser and navigate to SendWhatsAppMsg.com. For quicker access, bookmark the URL or add a shortcut to it to the home screen of your smartphone.
2. From the drop-down menu next to the WhatsApp number, select the recipient’s country.
3. Enter the phone number and your message after that.
4. In the end, press the “Send Message” button.
5. The phone number you gave in step 2 will be used to start the WhatsApp chat thread. You can now start a conversation with the person without saving their phone number.
You can now follow the above methods to send WhatsApp messages without contact.