You must have noticed that when you buy a new smartphone (mostly android) or after every software update, there are some pre-installed apps that you generally do not use. One such app is the “Mobile services manager” app. However, it is an important part of your smartphone, but it can be annoying as it slows down your phone. In this article, we will learn about what is mobile services manager and how you can disable it.
What is Mobile Services Manager?
The “mobile services management app” downloads and installs programs without informing users. It doesn’t ask for authorization to download. The creators of the downloaded apps frequently pay the mobile operators for such downloads, which is how most promoted apps are funded.
MSM app uses lots of data or internal data that many users are not aware of. The MSM system software is something that comes pre-installed on your smartphone. System software is any software that is installed on your device internally but not on the home screen or in the app gallery where you can install applications. Overall, the major function of this app is updating and installing apps or even controlling some system settings.
Should you Disable Mobile Services Manager App?
You no longer require the “mobile services manager” as long as the essential apps that come with it are already installed. Therefore, you have the option of disabling it.
Apart from that, MSM App is quite annoying as it consumes a lot of space and battery including your mobile data. It sometimes slows down the apps because this may run automatically without any notification.
How to Disable Mobile Services Manager App?
You can follow the below method to disable the MSM app.
- Go to settings.
- Navigate to My Apps or App Management.
- Look for DT IGNITE or Mobile Services Manager in the search bar (scroll down you will find it).
- Uninstall the mobile services management app by clicking on it.
- Disable it if there is no uninstall option.
Since the MSM app is a system app, there is a chance it might not be openly visible on every smartphone. So to disable the MSM in such cases, follow the below method:
- Start by navigating to your device’s settings.
- Next, you must choose the “Menu” option, which can be found by tapping the three dots in the top right corner of the page.
- Next, select “Show System” from the menu.
- Select “DT IGNITE” or “Mobile Systems Manager” from the menu.
- Finally, press either the Disable or Uninstall option.
It is indeed to say that MSM can assist you in some ways. But since it automatically installs or updates the apps which disturb your android system, you can always choose the above methods to disable it.