Minecraft has regular client updates and patches, due to which the players sometimes face errors. One of those is the Outdated Client Error, and this article will tell you what it means in Minecraft and how to fix it.
I. What is the meaning of Minecraft Outdated Client Error?
It is just as simple as it sounds. This error is shown when you try to connect to the servers where the version of Minecraft Client being used is newer than yours in other words your version is old and outdated.
So basically if the server is using the latest version you should be on it too. Otherwise, you won’t be able to connect due to this error and this is what the outdated client error means in Minecraft.
As you may have guessed that a simple update to the latest version is the fix to this issue. More on that is in the next part
II. How to fix the Outdated Client in Minecraft?
The easy straightforward fixes for the outdated client in Minecraft are for the bedrock edition ones i.e. Bedrock PC, Console, and Mobile or the Pocket Edition. For the Java edition though, the steps are different.
We have mentioned steps for all of them individually so that you can go straight to business.
1. Bedrock PC:
- Go to the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Minecraft.
- There should be an Update available, just go ahead and click on the Update button.
- Hover over Minecraft on your home screen.
- Click on options.
- The options menu will slide out from the right.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” option on the menu.
- Then it should start updating Minecraft.
- You can also enable auto-updated in the system settings to avoid this issue altogether.
- First, go to the My Apps and Games menu.
- Then you can check in the Updates section if Minecraft’s update is listed in it.
- If it is then go ahead and do it from there.
- If not then you’ll have to manually force update it.
- To do that you can go to the Games menu in My Apps and Games.
- Select the individual manage game settings for Minecraft.
- Go to the Updates section and do the update.
- The outdated client error in Minecraft should be solved.
C. Nintendo Switch:
- First, go and hover over to the Minecraft icon in the Games List.
- Then press the + button.
- That should open the game’s management menu.
- Go to the “Software update” option and select “Via the Internet”.
- It should download an update and your issue will be solved.
3. Mobile or Pocket Edition:
- Go to your respective App Store (Play Store for Android or App Store for IOS)
- Search for Minecraft.
- Click on the Update icon and your issue should be resolved after the completion of the update.
4. Java PC:
- Java Version’s method is entirely different from the above-listed methods.
- There isn’t any update button for you to simply go on to the latest release.
- Instead, the Java Client gives you the option to play any version released until now, and therefore sometimes the server you are trying to connect to can be on an older patch as well.
- In any case, though, you’d have to know which version the server you are trying to connect is using.
- Then, go to the Version Selector option in the Launcher, and if you want the newest one click on the Latest Release.
- But there are other versions to choose from as well if the server is using an older release. So make sure you select the right one.
III. About Minecraft:
Minecraft is a 3D sandbox game developed by Mojang Studios and is one of the most popular games right now. It lets players choose how they play, allowing for countless possibilities. Players can interact with a fully modifiable three-dimensional blocky infinite terrain, and build or destroy as much as they want.