Despite being a great game Valorant has certain error codes which are important to fix for a better experience. These errors can become very irritating if you do not know how to resolve them.
Do not worry as we have your back. We will tell you about all Error Codes in Valorant and how to fix them.
What are the error codes in Valorant?
Valorant has multiple error codes. You can find them all from the table below.
|0 and 1||Connection Error|
|4||Invalid Display Name|
|5||Account was logged into elsewhere.|
|7||Could not connect to session service.|
|8 to 21||Problems with the Riot Client.|
|31||Failed to get player name information.|
|33||The Riot Client process was closed.|
|43||A system has timed out.|
|44||Vanguard not initialized.|
|45||Vanguard reboot required.|
|49||Chat did not initialise.|
|50||Voice did not initialise.|
|51||Problem creating a party.|
|52||Problem fetching skill information for players.|
|53||Problem with Riot Client chat.|
|54||Content service failure|
|55||Application Repair Manager Failure|
|56||Legal Info Failure|
|57||Player Affinity Failure|
|58||RSO Validation Failure|
|59||Login Queue Fetch Token Failure|
|61||You have been banned from playing Valorant.|
|62||No Gamepods To Ping Failure|
|64||Session Fetch Failure|
|65||Patch Availability Failure|
|66||Content Index Failure|
|67||Chat Friend Metadata Failure|
|68||Cap Entitlements Fetch Error|
|69||Cap Wallets Fetch Error|
|70||Store Offers Fetch Error|
|-81||Service Start Failed|
Some other error codes in Valorant
|VAN 0||There is a connection error. Please relaunch client to reconnect|
|VAN 1||There is a connection error. Please relaunch client to reconnect|
|VAN 6||There is a connection error. Please relaunch client to reconnect|
|VAN -81||There is a connection error. Please relaunch client to reconnect|
|VAN -102||There is a connection error. Please relaunch client to reconnect|
|VAN -104||Connection error.|
|VAN 128||There is a connection error. Please relaunch client to reconnect|
|VAN 138||There is a connection error. Please relaunch client to reconnect|
|VAN 152||HWID Ban|
|VAN9002||This build of Vanguard requires Control Flow Guard (CFG) to be enabled in system exploit protection settings.|
How to fix this Error Codes in Valorant?
You can fix the error codes in Valorant by following these steps. Each error is fixed differently.
I. Restart the Riot Client
Restarting the Riot Client can solve most of the errors in Valorant. You can follow the given steps for it.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Select the Processes tab above and find the Riot Client.
- Once you find it, right-click it and click on End Task.
II. Riot Server Error
It is possible that the error is occurring from Riot’s end. Therefore, you must check the same. If the error is because of Riot’s servers then you can only wait.
III. Vanguard Error
If the servers are alright then you must check Vanguard’s working. You must change the VGC type by following these steps:
- Press the Windows Key+R to open Run Type in ‘services.msc’ and click Enter.
- This will open a window with several services and you must find the ‘VGC’ service.
- Once you find it, right-click it and select Properties
- Change the Startup Type option to Automatic, click on Start, Apply and OK.
IV. Valorant: PC issue
If the above methods do not work then probably your Firewall and the Virus & Threat Protection is preventing smooth functioning. You can follow these steps to make a Firewall exception.
- Open Firewall.
- Select Allow an app through firewall.
- Click on Change Settings and Allow another app.
- Click on Browse and locate the Riot Vanguard folder.
- Select the “VGC” app, click on Open and select Add
- Locate “Vanguard user-mode service” tick Private and Public boxes.
You can also make Vanguard Exceptions in Virus and Threat Protection:
- Open the Virus and Threat Protection setting.
- Select Manage Settings, scroll down and click on Add an exclusion.
- Select Add an exclusion, click on Folder and locate the Riot Vanguard folder.
- Click on the folder and click on the Select folder option below.
Your problem will be solved.
V. Re-install Valorant and Riot Vanguard
If no method works then your last hope is re-installing Valorant and Riot Vanguard.
a. Re-install Riot Vanguard
- Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and ensure that the Riot Client and Vanguard are fully closed.
2. Search for Command Prompt below, right-click it and run it as an Administrator.
3. Type in the following commands:
- ‘sc delete vgc’, hit Enter
- ‘sc delete vgk’, hit Enter
4. Restart your PC.
5. Once your PC restarts, open ‘This PC’ and locate the Riot Vanguard folder.
6. Right-click it and Delete the whole Riot Vanguard folder.
7. Open the Riot Client and Vanguard will re-install.
b. Re-install Valorant
- Search for Apps and features on the search bar and open the first option.
- Locate Valorant.
- Select it and click on Uninstall.
- Now open the official Riot Games Valorant site and reinstall the game.
This will hopefully fix the error in Valorant.
Valorant is a free-to-play first-person hero shooter developed and published by Riot Games, for Microsoft Windows. First teased under the codename Project A in October 2019, the game began a closed beta period with limited access on April 7, 2020, followed by an official release on June 2, 2020