In a survival game, we will be given either be given special powers or consumable items. The main purposes of these items are to- i) to reduce any kind of damage, ii) to fight against enemies, and iii) to heal up when damage is already taken. One of such survival games is Red Dead Redemption 2. One such item in RDR2 is the ‘Valerian Root’. What is Valerian Root in RDR2? What are the locations where I can find Valerian Root? And many more. We are here to let you know all these.
1. What is Valerian Root?
Valerian Root is a consumable item in Red Dead Redemption 2. It grants the player Deadeye experience for every use, specifically about 25% of your next level threshold. The main purpose is to Craft .22 Sedative Ammunition. 22 Sedative Ammunition is most commonly used for weapons such as the Varmint Rifle.
2. Where I Can Find Valerian Root in RDR2?
The availability of Valerian Root on the map is ample; I mean there are many locations where you can the Valerian Root. You can find Valerian Root in seventeen (17) locations across the map.
I. Best Locations to Find Valerian Root in RDR2
- At Larned Sod’s house west of Emerald Ranch to find one on the mantlepiece. Be careful because if Larned Sod’s spots you going into his abode he will try and kill you
- At Old Greenback mill, on a windowsill by the lower roof, accessible by the ladder to the west
- At Limpany, the home of infinite gold bars glitch. On a windowsill on the top floor of the burnt-out Saloon
- Along the Dakota River, slightly northwest of Painted Sky, under a big rock with a fishing pole against it
- On the top of the cliffs at an abandoned campsite at Caliban’s Seat
- At Emerald Ranch, on the top floor of the windmill tower next to the water tower. Along with the Valerian Root, you will even be able to find a cigarette card
- In the basement of the Old Trail Rise shack and open the wardrobe to find it. It is a dilapidated house, next to dewberry creek
- At Annesburg, at top of one of the coal mining towers on a railing. Be careful, the workers will turn hostile on you when you go into this location
- North of Fort Riggs, on a crate next to a shack
- At Shady Belle, on a crate next to a tiny bridge after killing the enemies out there. The crate is present in a mansion’s ground
II. Remaining Seven (7) Places Where You Can Valerian Root
- At Beaver Hollow, inside the caves in a chest in the western chamber. You need to fight against the gang that is hiding out inside the cave before you go deep into the caves
- West of Saint Denis, Southeast of Caliga Hall, in an abandoned factory, on a windowsill on the second floor
- At Mount Hagen in the Grizzlies West, in a mountain hut on a tree stump
- Directly South of The Loft, along the Railroad, in a smashed wooden crate
- Southeast of Beecher’s Hope, by a tree on a cliff facing Beecher’s Hope
- At the Pagan Ritual site, on the rock altar behind the body
- At Hanging Dog Ranch, in the barn on the second floor, on a blue barrel
3. How to use Valerian Root in RDR2?
These are the locations where you can find the Valerian Root Tonics. Once you drink all the seventeen Tonics, you will jump four and a bit-level in your data. But the trick is to use them once your Deadeye is already on Level Four.
This is because it doesn’t take much XP to reach the first few levels. It is easy enough to do by completing a few of the Deadeye XP challenges. Once you do these challenges & reach Level Four of Deadeye, drink all your Valerian Root Tonics to jump up to Level Eight.
I. Best Challenges Do are the First Six ‘Bandit’ Challenges
- Rob five (5) townsfolk
- Knock over two (2) coaches
- Burgle the cash register in any four (4) shops in one day
- Rip off three (3) coaches in one day
- Rob a massive two-hundred and fifty (250) dollar bounty in one state
- Steal five (5) horses and sell into the horse fence of Clemens Cole
They will get you 200 XP to get a Deadeye Level Four. But selling the horse’s challenge is only available if/after you have done the horseflesh for dinner mission in Chapter Three. So, if you don’t have that unlocked yet, you can do a couple of the Gambler Challenges which will award you Dead eye XP too.
II. These Gambler Challenges Include
- Win Five (5) hands of Poker
- Double down in Blackjack and win five (5) times
- Win three (3) games of finger fill it
- Bust one poker opponent out at each of the three poker locations
Get all the Valerian Roots; Complete the challenges and gain the required XP and Drink the Valerian Roots collected before and going up to Level Eight of Deadeye in RDR2. You can gain two more ranks and go up to Level Ten of Deadeye by completing every challenge in the Explorer- Herbalist, and Survivalist. These may take some while to be completed but they are worth it.
Keep Completing the challenges and Happy Gaming
5. About Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an action-adventure game, developed and published by Rockstar Games. The game is the third installment in the Red Dead series. The story is set in 1899 and follows criminal Arthur Morgan. He is a member of the Van der Linde gang, across a fictitious portrayal of the Western, Midwestern, and Southern United States. The Game is playable both in the First Person and Third Person perspective. RDR2 is available on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Stadia.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here