Recently, Apple brings iOS 14.5 update to iPhones which featured the ability to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch while wearing a face mask, various Siri voices, new privacy controls, etc. iOS 14.5 is a free software update that expands on the reimagined iPhone experience introduced in iOS 14.
So, here is the list of all new features you will get with iOS 14.5.
1. Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
We roam around in this pandemic wearing masks. Now we can unlock our iPhones easily and securely while wearing the face mask. While wearing an activated Apple watch and close to iPhone and at a simple glance, iPhone will receive haptic feedback from Apple Watch and then indicates that iPhone has unlocked. This feature works in iPhone X & above and Apple Watch Series 3 and above.
2. Privacy Controls
App Tracking Transparency allows apps to obtain the user’s consent before tracking their data through other companies’ apps or websites for advertising purposes or sharing their data with data brokers.
Users will be able to see which applications have received permission to track them in Settings, and they will be able to make changes to their options at any time.
Now, you can secure your data by using this feature.
3. Siri voices
Siri no longer has a default voice in iOS 14.5. It is allowing users to choose the voice that speaks to them. When they set up their iPhone, users under the English section can now choose various voice choices.
These new Siri voices use Neural Text to Speech technology to produce a sound that is amazingly real. Apple’s long-standing dedication to diversity and inclusion is reinforced by these changes, which feature products and services that better represent their customers and the world.
With FaceTime support, Siri can now make calls with multiple contacts or ask Siri to FaceTime the name of any group in Messages. Siri can also announce incoming calls via AirPods or compatible Beats headphones and call emergency contacts if the iPhone owner requires assistance and unable to make a call.
This update makes Siri more valuable and efficient to Apple users.
4. New Emoji
The couple kissing emoji and couple with heart emoji have received an exciting update in iOS 14.5 that allows users to choose from various skin tones.
Face exhaling, face with spiral pupils, face in clouds, hearts on fire, mending heart, and woman with a beard are among the additional emojis available. So, these emojis helps you in making your chat more interesting.
5. Report Incident in Apple Maps
Apple users in the United States and China can now report an accident, danger, or speed check along their route safely and quickly by telling Siri on their iPhone or CarPlay’s Maps.
Users can tell Siri “There’s a crash up ahead” or “There’s something on the lane” during navigation or even report that accidents on the map have been cleared.
This feature is intended to keep drivers’ hands free and their attention on the lane. Passengers may also monitor or clarify incidents using Maps’ “Report an Issue” feature.
Additionally, while walking or riding, Maps users can now share their estimated arrival time with friends and family. CarPlay users may use new Siri or keyboard controls to start the Share ETA feature.
6. Other iOS 14.5 Features
- Apple Podcasts also has updated show pages that make it easier to get started listening. It also gives the option to save and download episodes to add to Library for easy access automatically. Listeners can find new shows using the Search tab’s Top Charts, categories, and curated collections.
- A redesigned News+ tab in Apple News makes it easier for subscribers to locate, download, and handle magazine and newspaper issues. At the same time, an all-new Search interface helps all Apple News users find important subjects, platforms, and articles.
- Dual-SIM support for 5G networking and Smart Data Mode upgrades for a better network experience, including better battery life and data use, are among the 5G updates for iPhone 12 models.
- Apple Fitness+ users can now stream audio and video to TVs and devices that support AirPlay 2.
- Voice Control for Accessibility allows users to navigate using only their voice. It is now available in English in Australia and Canada and Spanish in Mexico, Spain, and the United States.
- AirTag support in the Find My app helps users keep track of and find valuable things such as keys, wallets, backpacks, and more confidentially and safely.
- Reminders give you the option to sort by title, priority, due date, or development date, as well as print reminder lists.
We hope that now you are aware of the new update, iOS 14.5. If you want to say something, please let us know by commenting below.