Pokemon Go is all set to increase your excitement levels for the month of August. From August 1, events will start, and they will cover the whole month with events, raids, bonuses, and many more. Let’s talk about all the events of August in Pokemon Go and what’s new coming in August.
1. Upcoming August Events in Pokemon Go
I. Pokemon Go Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time
From Friday, July 23, at 10:00 A.M. to Tuesday, August 6 at 8:00 P.M. in your local time. Dialga will be appearing in five-star raids and various Pokemon from various eras will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Pokemon like Cranidos and Shieldon. If you are lucky you might encounter Shiny Cranidos or Shiny Shieldon. Read the full announcement here.
II. Pokemon Go Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space
From Friday, August 6, at 10:00 A.M. to Tuesday, August 17, at 8:00 P.M. in your local time. Palkia will be appearing in five-star raids. Heatmor and Durant will be appearing in the wild. Heracross will appear in 3-star raids if you are lucky you might encounter shiny heracross. Read the full announcement here.
III. Pokemon Go Ultra Unlock Part 3: ???
From Friday, August 20, at 10:00 A.M. to Tuesday, August 31, at 8:00 P.M. in your local time. Event will start but there is no official announcement for what yet to appear.
IV. Go Battle Night
Go Battle Night season 3 will start on Sunday, August 26, from 6:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M. in your local time. If you complete 100 battles in Go Battle League you will earn 3x stardust. For more details on Go Battle League Season 8 read here.
2. Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour in August
Pokemon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday of the week. It will start from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M every Tuesday. There will be a total of 4 Spotlight Hours in August. Every Tuesday will feature different Pokemon with a different special bonus.
I. First Spotlight Hour (August 3, 2021)
It will feature Magnemite, an electric-type Pokemon. During this Spotlight Hour, you will earn twice the stardust on catching Pokemon.
II. Second Spotlight Hour (August 10, 2021)
It will feature East Sea Shellos, a water-type Pokemon. During this Spotlight Hour, you will earn twice the XP for catching Pokemon.
III. Third Spotlight Hour (August 17, 2021)
It will feature West Sea Shellos, a water-type Pokemon. During this Spotlight Hour, you will earn twice the candy for catching Pokemon.
IV. The Fourth Spotlight Hour (August 24, 2021)
The Pokemon name is not revealed yet. During this Spotlight Hour, you will earn twice the candy for transferring Pokemon to Professor Oak.
V. Fifth Spotlight Hour (August 31, 2021)
The Pokemon name is not revealed yet. During this Spotlight Hour, you will earn twice the XP for evolving Pokemon.
3. Pokemon Feature in 5-star Raids
- Dialga will appear in 5-star raids in Pokemon. From Friday, July 23, at 10:00 A.M. to Friday, August 6 at 10:00 A.M. in your local time. If you are lucky you might encounter a shiny Dialga.
- The second Pokemon in the 5-star raids starts from August 6, Friday, at 10:00 A.M. to August 20, Friday at 10:00 A.M. Palkia will return in Pokemon Go in 5-star raids. If you are lucky you might encounter a shiny Palkia.
- No details for the last Pokemon in a 5-star raid from August 20.
Note:- Every Wednesday of the month, there will be a Raid Hour from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M., just like Spotlight Hour. It will feature Pokemon who are appearing in 5-star raids in that particular week. During this Raid Hour, you will gain extra XP for defeating the boss.
4. Pokemon Feature in Mega Raids
- Mega Charizard X will appear in Mega Raids from Friday, July 23, at 10:00 A.M.. to Friday, August 6, at 10:00 A.M.
- Mega Ampharos will appear in Mega Raids, from Friday, August 6, 10:00 A.M. to Friday, August 20, at 10:00 A.M.
- Further, Mega Beedrill will appear in Mega Raids, from Friday, August 20, 10:00 A.M. to Thursday, August 26, at 10:00 A.M.
- Lastly, Mega Pidgeot will appear in Mega Raids, from Thursday, August 26, 10:00 A.M. to Wednesday, September 1, at 10:00 A.M.
5. August Research Breakthrough Encounter
On completing this August Research Breakthrough every 7th day, you will encounter Chimecho.
From Sunday, August 1 at 1:00 P.M. to Wednesday, September 1, at 1:00 P.M. During the whole month, you will be able to catch Chimecho. You will also get a double XP on completing August Research Breakthrough.
6. August Community Day
As you all know, Niantic already told us about the pokemon that is going to appear on August Community day, which is “Eevee”. To know more about August Community day, Click Here.
7. One Pokecoin Bundles
Every Monday in August you will get a chance to buy a one time bundle for just 1 Pokecoin. Bundle also contains a remote raid pass.
That’s all we know about Pokemon Go August Events, So Don’t Miss any of these. They are very exciting and rewarding.
Stay Tuned for more about Pokemon Go!
8. About Pokemon Go
Pokémon Go is a 2016 virtual reality mobile game for iOS and Android devices produced and released by Niantic in cooperation with Nintendo and The Pokémon Group. The game is a partnership between Niantic, Nintendo, and The Pokémon Company, and it is part of the Pokémon franchise.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here