One of the most popular features among Xiaomi brand fans is the MIUI that allows users to have a worthwhile experience while using their handsets. MIUI 13 was recently presented during the Xiaomi 12 launch event and will replace MIUI 12.5. According to Xiaomi, it is the most improved version of its MIUI to date. It has focused primarily on privacy and security, while MIUI Pad and MIUI Fold are the major points of attraction. We’ve compiled a list of MIUI 13 most important features along with the system requirements, compatible devices, and instructions for installing the latest UI.
What are the criteria for MIUI 13 support?
The most important thing to understand is that these customization layers do not depend on the hardware setup of the device. It makes no difference if your phone is the most recent model or has a weak processor. It depends simply on whether your device is on the list of compatible devices that will receive the update to MIUI 13. You will get a complete list of compatible devices in the latter part of the article.
MIUI 13 features
MIUI 13 offers some fascinating upgrades that were not included in MIUI 12.5 (launched earlier this year). It includes privacy and security updates, dynamic widgets, super wallpapers, Customizable AI virtual assistant, Mi magic center, and so on. However, the primary attractions are the MIUI 13 pad, MIUI 13 fold, and the new typeface MiSans.
The following are the important features of MIUI 13:
- MiSans font: This newest UI includes a new font that users may download and use on their devices for free. MiSans is a Sans- serif typeface that simplifies letters, signs, and numerals. It is also more symmetric in terms of spacing and character design.
- Dynamic widgets and wallpapers: The MIUI 13 phones will get new wallpaper options due to collaboration between the firm and Beauty of Science for the next batch of wallpapers. The widgets have also been changed for improved grid organization.
- Privacy and security: The MIUI 13 will provide security in three levels. The first of which includes an enhanced face recognition system in which the entire body of the user is scanned and not just the face. People with different body structures are not able to access the device even if their faces are similar. The second is a watermark option that the user can choose while scanning crucial papers. Thirdly it will alert the user to spam calls/messages, malware websites, and dangerous file transfer.
- Optimizations: Xiaomi has claimed that the fluency of system applications and third-party applications will be improved by 20-25% and 15-52% respectively.
- Mi Magic center: Users will be able to control all of their Xiaomi devices from a single location with the Mi Magic center, which will also allow them to label different devices with different stickers for easier identification.
- Customizable Xiao AI Virtual Assistant: Users in China will be able to create their own Xiao AI avatar from a selection of more than 50 dress and accessory combinations. They will also be able to select from a variety of voices and a personalized wake word.
MIUI 13 Pad and MIUI 13 Fold
The most astonishing feature of MIUI 13 is that it will be available for other devices as well. While the MIUI pad was introduced earlier this year, this version has brought some substantial modifications and additions, which are detailed below:
- Multitasking: Now users will be able to simultaneously use multiple applications with the help of floating windows feature provided.
- Synchronization of devices: Now we can run the Xiaomi devices in synchronization with each other and thus we can continue to do our work in the tablet which was left off in mobile or vice versa.
- Keyboard: Now the users will be able to set custom shortcuts or select default shortcuts in keyboards.
- Stylus: The users can now take Notes and screenshots while working on any applications using stylus feature.
- Application supports: Xiaomi has claimed that now 3000 applications will support the MIUI 13 Pad.
MIUI 13 Eligible devices and their release dates
The stable versions of MIUI 13 and MIUI 13 pad will be released in China for the first batch of devices by the end of January 2022. But will be available for the worldwide market by the first quarter of 2022. Later on, new devices will keep adding to the list in different phases of releases. The following is a complete list of devices that will be compatible with MIUI 13 in varying phases:
China (Late January 2022)
- Xiaomi 12 pro
- Xiaomi 12
- Mi 11
- Xiaomi 12 x
- Mi 11 Ultra
- Mi 11 Pro
International markets (Q1 2022):
- Mi 11 Ultra
- Mi 11
- Redmi 10 prime
- Mi 11i
- Redmi 10
- Mi 11x pro
- Mi 11x
- Xiaomi 11 T Pro
- Redmi Note 8
- Xiaomi 11 T
- Redmi 10 pro
- Redmi 10 pro max
- Mi 11 Lite
- Redmi Note 10 JE
- Redmi k40 pro
- Xiaomi 10 extreme edition
- Redmi k40
- Redmi k40 Game Enhanced edition
- Xiaomi cc9 pro
- Redmi k30 pro
- Redmi Note 9
Xiaomi never reveals which Poco phones will receive the upgrade so they are not listed here. But we can expect the latest Poco phones to get this new UI in Q1, 2022.
The MIUI 13 Pad will be available in China on the Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro and Xiaomi Pad 5 in January 2022, and in the global market on the Xiaomi Pad 5 in Q1 2022.
The MIUI 13 Fold will be available in the Mi Mix Fold by late April 2022.
The stable version of the MIUI watch is already available for the Xiaomi Watch Color 2 and Xiaomi Watch S1. MIUI Home will be available in Redmi Touch Screen Speaker Pro 8, Speaker 8, and Xiaomi Touch Screen Speaker Pro-8 by mid-January 2022.
How to install the MIUI 13 update on your mobile?
The eligible mobiles will begin receiving upgrades as soon as Xiaomi begins rolling out MIUI 13 for compatible smartphones. You will receive a notification on your phone as soon as the MIUI 13 update is available for your device. However, if you do not receive the update, you can simply go to your mobile settings and select the About phone option. Click on system updates to see the available alternatives. But if none appear, simply click on check system updates to search for available updates for your device and it will display MIUI 13 update (if the stable version of your mobile has been rolled out).
What are your thoughts about the latest MIUI 13 skin and its features? Share it by commenting down below.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here