It is a requirement to repair items in the New World to extend the durability of your weapons. To repair items in New World, you need to use Repair Kits for each of the items correctly. Repair Kits ensure that your armors and weapons are in good working condition so that they accompany you at their best.
What is a Repair Kit in New World?
Like every other item, your weapons and armors come with a durability that recedes over time in New World. When you fight enemies with your weapons, they are bound to get damaged. Once their durability climbs down to zero, it would turn obsolete. That is a cue for you to repair them. This is not similar to other titles where the items could be repaired at any time in the game. The whole process of repairing items would require you to have repair parts and gold.
How to get Repair Parts in New World?
In New World, you need a particular resource called Repair Parts to repair items. You won’t be able to purchase this resource from another player, which makes it distinctive. So there’s a way for you to get them, which is to Salvage them. Salvage is the way of destroying items you do not want and replacing them with items that would be useful. For example, in New World, you can salvage snails into fishing bait and unwanted armor and weapons into Repair Parts.
How to Salvage items?
Follow the steps below to Salvage items in New World:-
- Press Right-click upon the item you wish to Salvage.
- On the right side of your screen, you will find the Salvage option.
- Click the option (This can also be done by clicking S and the left mouse button.)
- A prompt will appear that will ask you to confirm the salvaging of the item.
- Click confirm, or Hit E to salvage the item.
After that, you will receive a small amount of gold and repair parts depending on your salvaged item. You cannot have more than 2,000 Repair Parts at a time. The repair parts can be used to make repair kits.
How to repair items with repair parts in New World?
To repair armor and weapons with repair parts, go through the steps mentioned below:-
- Open your inventory and select the damaged item. An item menu will appear.
- Right-click on the damaged item and press either repair or the R key + left mouse button.
- A prompt will appear that will ask you to confirm repairing the item. ( Similar to what happened in the case of Salvage )
- Click confirm, or Hit E to repair the item
- Now your item is 100% durable again.
Repairing an item requires either repair kits or repair parts and a small amount of gold. This depends on the item. You can’t recover a part of the item’s durability. As you repair an item, the durability will be recovered fully up to 100%.
Tiers in Repair Kits
In New World, there are many tiers in Repair Kits. To create each Tier, you will need more Repair Parts and gold. The durability of the item is inversely proportional to the level of Tiers. This means that if the item is more damaged, a higher Tier level will be required to fix it.
Take a look at the cost of each Tier.
- Tier-2 Repair Kits – 55 Repair Parts
- Tier-3 Repair Kits – 100 Repair Parts
- Tier-4 Repair Kits – 175 Repair Parts
- Tier-5 Repair Kits – 350 Repair Parts
In any case, the game will let you know the level of the repair kit you need as you repair an item.
About New World
New World is an Open World MMO game launched by Amazon Games. The game’s location is set upon Aeternum, a mysterious island discovered during the twilight of the Age of Exploration. You can channel supernatural forces or wield deadly weapons in a classless, real-time combat system. It can be played alone, with a small team, or in massed armies for PvE and PvP battles. New World is exclusive to the PC platform.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here