Facebook now allows you to transfer all of your data, including messages, notes, and images, to other sites to give users greater access and choice of their data. The company named this tool “Transfer Your Information.” This tool allows users to directly transfer their data from the site to platforms like Google Docs, Blogger, and WordPress.com. This is an enhancement to the Facebook tool already there, which allows you to upload images and videos to Backblaze, Dropbox, Google Photos, and Koofr.
As per the post by Facebook, they will expand the data types and partners in the future.
“We plan to continue expanding our data types and partners in the future. However, the ecosystem we are building to support data portability will not come to fruition without regulation that clarifies which data should be made portable and who is responsible for protecting data once it has been transferred. We hope that today’s updates can help advance conversations with policymakers, developers and experts about these issues”– Facebook Post
According to the CNET reporter, the extension of Facebook’s Transfer Your Information tool comes as regulators and policymakers accuse Facebook and other tech giants, such as Amazon and Google, of abusing their market control to stifle competition.
Steps to Transfer Data
You can follow these Steps to transfer your Facebook data easily.
1. Firstly, open your Facebook account on Desktop
2. Now, Go under the Account section. Click on Settings & Privacy > Settings > Your Facebook Information
3. Click on Transfer a Copy of Your Information and then enter your Facebook password
4. Chose what you want to transfer: photos, notes, posts, videos
5. Select where you want to transfer your information
6. Finally, click Confirm Transfer after logging into the platform you chose to pass your data to.
Now, the Facebook data has been completely transferred. You can access it from the platform you chose.
We hope this article has been helpful for you. Also, share your valuable feedback in the comments. We will be happy to hear from you.