Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media platforms lately. Snapchat is known for the privacy options it offers to its users. However, many of the users wish to retrieve the messages sent on Snapchat that were automatically deleted by the app. Here’s how to retrieve Snapchat messages on Android & iPhone in 2022.
How to Retrieve & Restore Deleted Snapchat Messages on Android & iPhone?
By default Snapchat automatically deletes all the messages when the user leaves the chat. Unless the user has altered the settings to delete the conversation once the message has been viewed after 24 hours or when he manually saves the messages.
However, some users still wish to retrieve the messages sent by them on Snapchat once they are deleted from the app. The conversation to be retrieved can be from someone important or to be of great value at the moment nonetheless.
Now the question arises can the messages be retrieved once they are deleted from Snapchat? Thankfully yes, Snapchat provides an official way to retrieve and recover all the deleted messages. Follow these steps to retrieve & restore all the deleted Snapchat messages on Android & iPhone:
- Log in into your Snapchat account of which you wish to retrieve the deleted messages.
- Click on your profile icon on the top left corner.
- Now click on the settings icon on the top right corner.
- Scroll down and click on the “My Data” option.
- Enter your Snapchat username and password to log in to the My Data page.
- Go through all the data available in-app and then scroll down to click on “Submit Request”.
- After sumbitting your request you’ll see a message “We Received Your Request”.
- After a day or two, you’ll receive a link to download all your data on the email connected to your Snapchat account.
- Click on the click here hyperlinked text on the mail to download all your data. Therafter, click on the mydata.zip file to get the file on your device.
- Extract mydata.zip file.
- Go to the extracted location and open the file (mydataa_) and click on index.html
This file contains all the messages and media history that you have sent or received till date on Snapchat. This is by far the best and official way of retrieving all your deleted messages and pictures from Snapchat. Moreover, this method works for both Android and iPhone users alike.
How to Save Your Messages, Photos & Videos in Snapchat Chat?
Well now that you have finally retrieved all of your deleted media on Snapchat, let’s make sure this won’t happen in the future. You can always save your messages, photos & videos on Snapchat chat for later purposes.
You can do that by long pressing on the message, photo, or video and clicking on the save button. This would make sure your media would still be there in the chat when you need it later in the future. Comment down below if you have any problem while retrieving your deleted messages, photos, or videos, I would love to help you out through the entire process.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here