As previously reported, miHoYo has set September 1st as the release date for the new Genshin Impact upgrade. However, it has also announced the date of Genshin Impact 2.1’s pre-installation. The pre-installation of Genshin Impact will give you access to download the update before the actual release.
In this update, you’ll get so many exciting deals and amazing storylines. We should be thankful for miHoYo to benefit from the pre-installation of version 2.1 a few days before its official release.
How To Pre-install of Genshin Impact 2.1
Genshin Impact has revealed the pre-installation date and timing for the 2.1 updates. Moreover, you’ll get the pre-install feature at 11:00 (UTC+8) on August 30. It means two days before the actual release.
Here’s the way to download the update on mobile as well as PC.
You’ll get the pre-installation of Genshin Impact 2.1 on your mobile phone in easy ways. However, both ways will save you from playing the game while the game’s resources are being pre-installed. It means you can complete any challenge or domain before the installation.
iOS users can update their game from the App store, and similarly, Android users can update from Google Play Store. However, follow the following any of the ways to get pre-installation of Genshin Impact 2.1.
- Open your Genshin Impact game and wait for the final loading screen
- Now, you can see a cloud logo with a “Pre-Install Resource Package” at the bottom left of the loading screen
- Select the pre-install resource package option
- Kudos! 2.1 updates start downloading
- Open Genshin Impact on the devices
- Open the Paimon menu by clicking on the Paimon logo in the top left corner
- Now, select the ‘Setting‘ tab before moving on to the ‘Other’ tab
- Here, you’ll see an option “Pre-Install Resource Package” at the bottom of the ‘Other‘ section
- Click ‘Pre-Install Now’, and select the ‘Confirm‘ option to start downloading the file
While the game materials are being pre-installed, you can still play Genshin Impact on your PC. However, you must have a strong network connection because pre-installation consumes some of your network’s bandwidth.
Let’s look at the steps to download the update.
- Open Genshin Impact launcher and update to a new version
- After the launcher update is complete, you will notice the “Game Pre-Installation” option to the left of the ‘Launch’ option
- Click on the game pre-installation option and select Confirm to start the download
Finally, you can continue playing the new update after pre-installing the Genshin Impact 2.1 on your device until the new version is released on September 1.
About Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact is an Open World MMORPG launched by miHoYo. The game’s location is set upon the fantasy world of Teyvat, the home of seven distinct nations and ruled by gods connected with it. It is available for Windows, Playstation, Android, and iOS and is planned for release on Nintendo Switch.
The main plot follows a twin, Traveler, who travels worldwide searching for his lost twin sibling and becomes involved in Teyvat’s nations and gods. Meanwhile, move ahead on the way to complete quests and collect the rewards.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here