Elden Ring is an action role-playing game which released on the 25th of February, 2022. It is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. Recently, Elden Ring turned into a multiplayer game. I mean you can invite your friends in-game. How can you invite your friends to Elden Ring for PvP and Co-op? What are PvP and Coop in Elden Ring? How can you invite your friends in PvP and co-op in Elden Ring?
What are PvP and co-op in Elden Ring?
These are two types of multiplayer versions in Elden Ring. PvP means Player vs Player. There are two types of PvP in Elden ring – i) Duels and ii) Invasions. And co-op is another mode of multiplayer in Elden Ring.
How do PvP and co-op in Elden Ring work?
Before knowing PvP and co-op in Elden Ring, let’s know about the seven (7) Summoning items called Fingers in Elden Ring.
1. The Seven Fingers in Elden Ring are
- Furcalling Finger Remedy: This allows you to see summon signs in the world. You can interact with summon signs to invite a player, join forces, or battle against someone
- Finger Severer: This removes a summoned player from your game.
- Tarnished’s Furled Finger: This leaves a gold to summon sign for co-op. Other players can invite you by interacting with this summon sign.
- Duelist’s Furled Finger: This leaves a red summon sign. Players can interact with this summon sign on their end to summon you for a PVP duel.
- Bloody Finger: This allows you to invade another player.
- Blue Cipher Ring: This puts you on a waiting list for players who need assistance during invasions. If someone needs help during an invasion, you’ll be summoned to their world.
- White Cipher Ring: This allows you to call for help during invasions. Other players can help you out when you’re being invaded.
To play multiplayer, you have to choose the correct item for the situation. Now, it’s time to find out the correct time that one should choose for co-op; Duels; and Invasions.
2. Inviting your friend to join you in Co-op
Elden Ring’s multiplayer works by interacting with golden signs on the floor found throughout The Lands Between.
To see and interact with these golden signs, you need to craft the Furlcalling Finger Remedy from 2 Erdleaf Flowers and use it. They’re also found sporadically throughout your adventure, primarily when you defeat invading NPCs, so if you have been playing a while, you might have picked one up.
When you use a Furlcalling Finger Remedy you will be able to see the signs other players have left around the world and invite them into your game. These can be anyone around your same level, though not everyone is guaranteed to be as skillful.
To be able to craft the Furlcalling Finger Remedy though, you need to buy the Crafting Kit from the Church of Elleh for 300 runes. Erdleaf Flowers are a common item found throughout the world and you should have a healthy stock of them. If not, look for waist-height green plants with golden-yellow flowers.
Initiating multiplayer in this way allows you to find random players to play with, but if you want to play with just your friends specifically, there’s one more thing you need to do –
If you want to invite just your friends to play with you, then you need to set up a password in the multiplayer section of the menu. Communicate with the friend or friends that you want to play with and all enter exactly the same password on this screen. You should then be able to discover your friend’s signs and pull them through into your game. Their sign will only be discoverable in the same place as they laid it in their world. So, stay in the same place in the open world.
3. Joining your friend’s co-op
To join another person’s game rather than inviting them to your own, you need to use a permanent item that you’re given towards the beginning of the game: Tarnished’s Furled Finger. This allows you to place a golden sign for another player to interact with. When they do, you will be pulled through into their game-world to play. If you’ve set up the passwords correctly, then only your friend should be able to see your sign and admit you to their world.
4. Joining PvP
Both of these have specific items that initiate them, and they work similarly to the co-op.
First, to offer other players an honorable duel, you need to place a sign with the Duellist’s Furled Finger.
Second, use the Festering Bloody Finger to invade the game of an unsuspecting newb. Make sure you go in well prepared. The Host of Fingers – the player you’re trying to kill – can have up to two companions to help repel your invasion.