The much-awaited Minecraft 1.18 update is finally out. It was announced last year at Minecraft Live and went live on November 30. The update adds on some game-changing features within Minecraft. For players willing to experience new biomes and terrains with high-quality shaders, there’s a piece of good news. The Optifine is finally out for Minecraft 1.18 update and here’s how to install it.
1. Optifine Minecraft 1.18 Update: What is Optifine?
Minecraft fanatics are already very well aware of what Optifine is and what it does in Minecraft. For someone new to the game or who hasn’t tried Optifine yet, It is one of the most famous and used visual mods for Minecraft. Among many features, it provides players the options to enhance the game’s quality or improve its smoothness.
However, Optifine is only responsible to make changes to the video settings of Minecraft. It only alters the way the game looks and beautifies it. Also, Optifine is also well known for its ability to add shaders within the game. Visual effects within Minecraft vary as you change the shader applied within the game.
2. How to Install Optifine for Minecraft 1.18 Update
Now that you have a brief idea of what Optifine is, let’s install it on your PC for the Minecraft 1.18 update. Here are the steps to Install Optifine for Minecraft 1.18 update:
- Download the latest version of Optifine, available on the official website of Minecraft 1.18.
- Open the file and click on the install button once downloaded. You need to have Java installed on your computers to complete this step.
Be patient, as Optifine may take some time to install. To be able to play the game with the latest Optifine, you need to open the Minecraft launcher, select the version with Optifine, and then press the play button.
3. How to Apply Shaders in Minecraft 1.18 Update
With the latest version of Optifine running, you can now apply shaders to your game. It greatly enhances the visual experience of your Minecraft world. Here’s how to get and apply your favorite shaders in Minecraft 1.18 Update:
- Download any shaderciompatible with the latest version of Minecraft.
- Press WIN+R and type %appdata%/.minecraft. The Minecraft application data folder should open up. Then open the “shaderpacks” folder.
- Move the downloaded shaders to this folder. Do not unzip them.
- Launch the game.
- Navigate to more options>video settings> shaders and select a shader.
Now your favorite shader is applied to your game, enjoy your playing in your Minecraft world that soothes your eyes. Happy Gaming!
4. About Minecraft
Mojang Studios developed Minecraft. Minecraft is a 3D sandbox game with no set goals to achieve, giving players a great deal of freedom in how they play the game. However, an achievement system is referred to as “advancements” in the Java Edition and “trophies” in the PlayStation adaptations. Minecraft is available now for Mobile, PS4, PS5, PC, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.