Rocket League has a new game mode called the “Knockout Bash“. This game mode is really fun to play. In this mode, eight players enter the ground, but only one player comes out on top in the end. In this article, we’re gonna discuss how does Grab works in Rocket League Knockout Bash, what is this game mode about, and more.
1. What is Rocket League Knockout Bash?
In this game mode, eight players enter the ground, but only one player comes out on top in the end. If you want to survive in this game mode, I suggest you should master Knockout’s new mechanics. You’ll need to knock opponents out of the Safezone by attacking or blocking. You get 3 chances in this mode, and if you weren’t able to win these chances, then you will get eliminated and get knocked out of the game. So this knockout game mode offers no goals, walls, or balls either. The Last Man Standing in this mode Wins!
- Team Size – In Knockout Bash mode there are no teams, it’s every man for themselves. 8 players come into an Arena and compete to survive till the end.
- Lives – Unlike the usual game mode in Rocket League, Knockout Bash mode doesn’t have unlimited respawns. If you get knocked out of the game 3 times, then it’s over for you and you get eliminated.
- Safezone – Around the whole ground, there is the Safezone. When a player is knocked out of this Safezone, they must return inside it within 10 seconds or they will be knocked out. Throughout the whole 6 mins, the Safezone will get shorter and Shorter, increasing the risks. After 6 minutes are done and players are still there, then the match will enter Sudden knockout, where every Attack or Throw is at maximum power, and if you get knocked out of the Safezone in this sudden death, it results in an instant KO.
- Hazards – Each Knockout ground contains several Hazards, like Spikes and a Laser Grid that lies below the platforms. Touching these Hazards will result in an instant knockout from the game.
2. How does Knockout Work in Rocket League Knockout Bash?
- Attack: You need to Dodge into your opponents to send them flying into the sky.
- Block: You need to Backward dodge to reflect the incoming attacks towards your opponent.
- Grab: You need to hold the grab button while dodging to grab an opponent. You can Dodge again to throw.
- Triple Jump: You may jump once on the ground and twice while in the air.
- Multi Dodge: You can dodge up to four times while in the air.
I. How to Grab in Rocket League Knockout Bash?
To Grab in Rocket League Knockout, you must press and hold the grab button, which according to default is L2 for Playstation and LT for Xbox, and evade their assault. If you play on a PC – you can easily do this by using the Left Shift button.
II. How to Attack in Rocket League Knockout Bash?
You can Attack your opponents in the Rocket League Knockout Bash by dodging your opponents and sending them flying into the sky. Attacks are the aggressive version of the dodge that you basically do in other game modes in Rocket League, except in Knockout Bash mode the speed of the vehicle determines the force you hit your opponents with.
III. How to Block in Rocket League Knockout Bash?
To remain alive in this game mode Blocking is the most important thing. Blocking is a really helpful method for dodging an Attack from your opponent, it needs to be on point and accurate. A hit with the right timing and arrangement can send your opponent taking off in the sky.
IV. How to Boost in Rocket League Knockout Bash?
In this mode, the most useful thing is Boost, it is helpful to stay away from an assault from other players. The jump in Knockout Bash mode is higher, and the Boost makes it more impressive. If an opponent hits you, you can use this Boost to come back quickly to the stage. You can use the usual Boost button which you use in other game modes.
3. Pro Tips & Tricks of Knockout Bash in Rocket League
Let’s look at some Tips & Tricks for Knockout Bash mode in Rocket League:
- If you want to win this event, you need to focus on blocking and attacking as well. Because if you are blocking all the time after the 6 minutes passes it is difficult to survive in the game.
- Make sure to mix up your attacks from time to time to stay unpredictable.
- You got 2 jumps available in a knockout. You can use these to immediately counter
- Try to land on the side of the platform, when you get thrown out of the zone, take your time to recharge boost, and then continue attacking.
- Attacking and Blocking are the key strategies to win this event. So your main focus should be on these two to win this game mode.
4. About Rocket League
Rocket League is a vehical soccer video game developed and published by Psyonix. The game was first released for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation in July 2015, with ports for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch being released later on. In June 2016, 505 began distributing a physical retail version for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with Warner Bros, taking over those duties by the end of 2017. Versions for macOS and Linux were also released in 2016, but support for their online services were dropped in 2020. The game went free-to-play in September 2020.