GTA: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition was recently released for PlayStation and Xbox Consoles, Nintendo Switch, and PCs. Ever since its release, players are finding ways to download the games for themselves. However, there are not many sources available to download from. You can only download GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition on PC from the Rockstar Games Store.
The same does not imply for the console counterpart of the game. The console versions are each available from their respective platforms to download and play. This article will guide you step by step on how to purchase and download the GTA Definitive Edition Trilogy on your PC.
Steps to Download GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition on PC From the Rockstar Games Store
Keeping in mind the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition on PC can only be downloaded from the Rockstar Games Store, the first and foremost step will be to install Rockstar Games Launcher. This is a one-stop PC application for all those Rockstar fanatics who want to keep themselves updated. Follow these steps to download the Rockstar Games Store App on PC:
- Head over to the application’s official website to download the Rockstar Games Launcher. Then select the Download for Windows button.
- Once downloaded, open the .exe file from the downloaded folder. Thereafter, follow the on-screen instructions to continue with the installation.
- You need to have a Social Club account to use the Launcher. In case you don’t have it, you can click on Create a new account from the login screen to create a new account.
Steps to Purchase and Install GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition on PC From the Rockstar Games Store
Once done with the application installation you’re halfway done. You have to now visit the download page for GTA: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition. Now follow these steps to purchase and install the game:
- Open the download page link and select the desired platform you wish to install the game into. In this case, click on PC which shows Rockstar Games Launcher as the platform, and click on Buy Now.
- Now a dialog box appears with different payment options available to make the purchase. Choose the desired payment method you wish to pay from. After choosing the desired method and completing the transaction, you will recieve the game’s license key via email.
- Now that the payment’s complete and you have gotten the game’s liscence key, the GTA Definitive Trilogy will show up on the Rockstar Games Launcher library under the My Library tab. You can go under the library in the launcher and install the game on your PC. Moreover, do make sure to type in your license key when prompted to be able to play the game.
You have now successfully purchased and installed GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition on your PC. Also, the game takes up to a total of about 45 GB for all three games and costs $59.99 for the game itself.
About GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition
GTA Trilogy Definitive Edtion is an updated iteration of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The games are updated for the new generation to play with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting, environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, and increased draw distances. The game is available to play on PS5, PS4, Xbox X\S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch & PC.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here