Elden Ring is an action role-playing game which released on the 25th of February, 2022. It is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. You need to take down bosses in Elden Ring to continue your in-game survival. So, it’s a mandatory thing for a player to know how to defeat a boss in Elden Ring. Here is the best way you can defeat one of the bosses in Elden Ring, Godrick the Grafted. Who is Godrick the Grafted in Elden Ring? And how can you defeat Godrick the Grafted in Elden Ring? Let’s find it out –
1. Who is Godrick the Grafted in Elden Ring?
There are many different paths for a player to begin his or her journey in Elden Ring. If a player is starting his adventurous journey in the Lands Between and wants to head to Stormveil Castle early on, Godrick the Grafted will act as one of the game’s first major boss encounters. The basic prerequisite to fighting Godrick is that you should be ready to fight against the best possible Ashes of War in Elden Ring to power you up.
2. How to Defeat Godrick the Grafted in Elden Ring?
In the fight against Godrick, you will be dodging more than blocking. So, it’s time to rely more on Two-Handing your Elden Ring weapons.
Let us divide our strategy into two stages:
- Stage 1 – The Short-range Attacks
- Stage 2 – The Long-range Attacks
I. The Short-range Attacks
These are also the Aggressive attacks that are helpful in taking down the Godrick.
- Godrick usually plunges his weapon into the ground. When Godrick plunges his weapon into the ground, a shockwave will soon catch approaching players off-guard. So, you run towards the boss, jump onto him and land a blow
- Else search nearby headstones and use them as cover. When you feel there is a need, use the flasks to regain your lost health and FP. Be aware of how to upgrade your flasks to stand a better chance against the mighty enemy
- Use the Spirit Ash Summons to distract the Godrick
- You can even summon a warrior NPC whose name is Nepheli Loux. You can find Nepheli Loux in a room near the courtyard leading to Godrick. Summoning her is an excellent tank or a distraction tactic against the Godrick
- Ample heavy melee strikes can stagger Godrick. Staggering Godrick will result in leaving him open to a close-range critical hit
- By this time, the boss is already damaged to a range. So, retreat after striking, to hit them with some powerful long-range magic
II. The Long-range Attacks
These are the Defensive tactics that are helpful not just in taking down the Godrick but also in saving you from the Godrick.
- Godrick will cut off his own arm and replace it with a dragon head. Now, the boss has access to several flaming attacks and all of them will be originating from his arms
- Because of the dragon arm, the game becomes more deadly game of hit and run. Hence, its better to be defensive in approach
- Whenever Godrick raises his dragon arm into the sky, if you are far from immediately run towards him. If you are already close to him, run away from him. As fire rains from the sky, its better to be on your toes
- Immediately dodge away from the Godrick if he is drawing back his dragon arm from the sky. Else you will be grabbed and burnt into a crisp
- When the dragon arm is breathing a constant stream of fire along to ground , you need to back up as much as possible to avoid it.
3. Rewards after Defeat Godrick The Grafted in Elden Ring
On taking down the Godrick, Godrick’s Great Rune and Remembrance of the Grafted are awarded to you. To unlock the power of Rune, you need to head to Limgrave Tower.
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here