How to Convert Figma Into HTML and CSS Using Figma to HTML Plugin

Figma is one of the best websites to create prototypes and designs for all your devices. It allows you to make designs for iOS, Mac and Windows operating systems. Figma provides real-time interaction with the other team members. And the best part about Figma is that you don’t need to have proper coding knowledge as it will enable you to work without coding. But sometimes, after designing, you may need to convert Figma into HTML to make things work out. But don’t worry, Figma has a solution for that too.

Figma offers enough of plugins to export your Figma file directly into the HTML and CSS code. So in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to convert Figma to HTML using Figma to HTML plugin.

Figma to HTML Plugin

The Figma to HTML is the Figma plugin through which you can convert your Figma design directly into the code. It allows us to copy our style without losing much of the colors and effects. With the help of this plugin, we can convert 90% of the exact design style into code. I hope they improve this in the future.

Thorough Steps to Convert Figma to HTML

Step 1: Firstly, log in to your account and install the Figma to HTML plugin from the Figma Community.

Figma to HTML Step 1

Step 2: After Installing, go to your design and select the element or frame that code you want to download. Now, right-click and choose the plugins option and select the plugin named “Figma to HTML”.

How  to Convert Figma Into HTML and CSS Using Figma to HTML Plugin
Figma to HTML Step 2

Step 3: Figma to HTML converter dialog box will appear where you can see the complete HTML and CSS code. Now click on the download button to download the code or copy button if you want to copy the code instead.

Figma to HTML Step 3

Step 4: The plugin provides the code in the zipped format, so now unzip the file and access your code.

My final output:

Figma to HTML
Figma to HTML Final Output

So this is how to convert the Figma design into code using a plugin.

However, as I already mentioned, that only 90% of the design is replicated. So for the rest of 10%, we can use the inspection method.

Steps for Inspect Method

Step 1: Select the element and from the rightmost side, select inspect option.

Inspect Step 1

Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom, where you will find the CSS code. Now copy the code and embed it into your existing CSS file, which you downloaded through the plugin method.

How  to Convert Figma Into HTML and CSS Using Figma to HTML Plugin
Inspect Step 2

Now we have come to the end of this blog. So hopefully, these methods helped you in converting your Figma design into the code. Also, if you have any questions write us in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to solve all your queries.

Happy Coding!

Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, Go here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *