When traveling or attending any conference away from the workplace, it may be necessary at any time to quickly access company information or different contact data. For this reason, keeping user information on mobile devices is a better alternative because it can be accessed when required. Since the majority of users save information in Excel spreadsheets, they must import or move contacts from Excel files to iPhones in order to quickly access personal data and use them on many platforms, including social applications. In this guide, we will show you how to add bulk contacts on iPhone from platforms like CSV, Excel, VCF, or PST file format, and it can also be an Email Application or Smart device.
What is a vCard or VCF?
Before you proceed to read the steps, how to add bulk contacts to iPhone? You should know about vCard or VCF.
A virtual contact file, often known as a virtual business card, is used to hold contact details. It includes contact information such as a person’s name, address, phone number, email, website, job title, department, pager, and other details. You can share contacts by attaching a VCF file to an email. A vCard also allows photos, digital ID, custom fields, and other media kinds. Other advantages of vCard include its portability, manageability, and immediate importation into all iPhone and Android models. It can also be accessible through a variety of email clients and applications.
How to Add bulk contacts to iPhone?
We’ll examine the three detailed methods for migrating contacts from an excel spreadsheet to an iPhone using iTunes.
We’ll then go over how to move excel to the iPhone via iCloud and finally, third-party apps.
Method 1: Sync With iPhone Via iTunes
You can sync your iPhone with Google and Outlook contacts using iTunes. Excel can be imported into Google or Outlook first, and then contacts can get synced to an iPhone. Here, we’ll illustrate how to transfer contact details from an excel file to an iPhone using Outlook as an example.
Step 1: Add CSV contacts to Outlook.
- Open Outlook on a computer. Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export from the menu.
- Click Next after selecting Import from another programme or file.
- Select Comma Separated Values, then select Next.
- Click Browse, choose the CSV file, click Open, and then click Next.
- Click Next after selecting Contacts as the final destination.
- If you wish to map custom fields, do so.
- Once you click Finish, Outlook Contacts will import the CSV contacts.
Step 2: Add Contacts to iPhone
- On your PC, download and install the most recent version of iTunes.
- The Device tab should be clicked, then Info.
- Activate Sync Contacts with > select Outlook > Click Apply for contact syncing on the iPhone.
Method 2: How to Export CSV to iPhone Contacts via iCloud
You can wirelessly import contacts from Excel to your iPhone with the assistance of iCloud. Since Apple does not support CSV files, as previously stated, you must first convert your contacts into the VCF format, which Google Contacts will enable us to do.
Step 1: Transform contacts from CSV to VCF
- Go to https://contacts.google.com in your browser.
- On the left, select Import.
- Upload your CSV file by selecting Select File.
- Click Export on the left after that.
- Click Export after selecting the vCard (for iOS Contacts) option.
Step 2: Add a VCF file to iCloud.
- Visit iCloud.com and log in using your Apple ID and passwords.
- Select Contacts.
- To import vCard, select Settings > Import vCard. It will add contacts to your iCloud account after you select your VCF file.
Step 3. Enable iCloud Contacts on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to dependable Wi-Fi.
- To activate Contacts sync, navigate to Settings > Your Account > iCloud.
There are also the following alternatives for you to convert excel file contacts to VCF to add bulk contacts iPhone.
Method 3: Online Converters
In order to immediately import contacts from an Excel spreadsheet to an iPhone, there are websites or online converters that are accessible online. These include specialized settings and features that allow you to upload an Excel file, make vCards, and download them. After some time, a user receives a Converted VCF File that can be simply loaded into an iPhone using the iCloud program. In place of any manual technique, it offers a straightforward answer.
Method 4: Install Export Tools
Professional software is available online specifically for importing Excel contacts onto an iPhone. These are tiny programmes that any Windows PC may quickly download and set up. They are quite effective and don’t require any qualifications. No fields or the sent data are altered in any manner. They save contact details in a variety of card formats, such as vCard 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0.
We have covered four methods to import an excel contact list to an iPhone. The ways mentioned above will assist you in the easy sharing of information.