Horizon Forbidden West is an action role-playing game set up in the post-apocalyptic period in the Western United States. In this game, to survive players should kill or takedown machines that attack them on their way. You will come across various machines, you need to kill them to survive and you can pick up loot after taking the machine down. One of such machines in Horizon Forbidden West is – ‘the Sunwing’. Continue reading to know what is Sunwing and how to defeat Sunwing in Horizon Forbidden West –
1. What is the Sunwing in Horizon Forbidden West?
The Sunwing is a machine that you can scan and fight in Horizon Forbidden West. You can also consider it as a monster. It belongs to the type of acquisition and midweight monster. It is a flying machine that absorbs solar energy. Sunwing is often found in groups and has a variety of Plasma attacks, while their energy shields and maneuverability make it hard to hit.
The Sunwing overrides the GEMINI Cauldron. It is found in quite many places in the game, patrolling in the sky. They usually patrol at greater heights to absorb as much solar energy as possible. Sunwing is particularly fast and agile in the air. They are capable of attacking the players from the air and on the ground.
The body parts of a Sunwing are-
- Plasma Fin
- Shield Caster
- Resource Container
- Photovoltaic Wings – To store energy.
The Sunwing also has two variants; one is the normal (or) usual ‘SUNWING’, and the second one is the ‘APEX SUNWING’.
2. What are the Strengths and Weaknesses of Sunwing in Horizon Forbidden West?
Players can attack machines with different kinds of elemental attacks. The Sunwing is weak towards Purgewater and strong towards the plasma.
Taking out the Plasma Fin on top of their head will cause an explosion, damage the machine, and disable any plasma attack.
3. Tips to Defeat Sunwing in Horizon Forbidden West
Use elemental attacks of Plasma over all other elemental attacks of Freeze, Shock, Fire, and Purgewater. Purgewater is the least preferable attack option among all the others on the list.
Aim on the Plasma Fin located on the head of a Sunwing to cause an explosion and end the machine’s plasma attacks.
Once you disable its plasma attacks, a Sunwing is nothing more than an ordinary monster in Horizon Forbidden West and so, it is very easy to take it down.
4. Loot Dropped from Different Parts of a Sunwing
I. Sunwing Common Loot Drop
Machines in Horizon Forbidden West will drop different loots, being specific to each kind of machine. Some kind of loot is collected from a fallen machine, while others will need to be removed while the machine is still alive. Some of the loot items which we can get from a Sunwing are –
- Metal Shards: It is a common loot item. The body of a Sunwing will drop it
- Glowblast: It is an uncommon loot item which is dropped by from the body
- Crystal Braiding: It is a very rare loot item. Both Body and Plasma Fin can drop this rare item
- Braided Wire: A common loot item. The Body, Plasma Fin, and Resource Container are capable of dropping it
- Sturdy Hardplate: A common loot item. The Body, Plasma Fin, and Resource Container can drop it
- Machine Muscle: An uncommon loot item. The Body will drop this loot item
- Medium Machine Core: A Rare loot item. Both the Body and Resource Container will be dropping this
- Volatile Sludge: A Very Rare loot item which can be dropped from the Body of a Sunwing
- Metal Bone: It is a rare loot item which the Body will be dropping
- Blastpaste: A rare loot item which will be dropping from Resource Container
- Sparker: A common loot item which the Sparker will be dropping
II. Sunwing Exclusive Loot Drop
- Sunwing Circulator: An extensive item which only a Sunwing is capable of dropping. It is an uncommon loot item which if dropped from the Body
- Sunwing Primary Nerve: Another exclusive loot item which only a Sunwing is capable of dropping. It is a rare loot item. A Sunwing’s Body and Resource Container can drop this
- Sunwing Shield Caster: An exclusive rare loot item which the Shield Caster of a Sunwing is capable of dropping
The Sunwing are pesky machines and can be a real pain to take down. But any kind of Plasma Damage can help you in taking them down a bit easier.