Gotham Knights is a new DC game, that fans are eagerly waiting for. The game goes back to the world of Dark Knights, but there’s a twist in the storyline. Bruce Wayne aka Batman is dead, and the story follows the aftermath of his death. The game was announced back in 2020 and is now set to be released in October, 2022.
Back when the game was announced, there was so much hype and curiosity about Gotham Knights. Fans were confused as to what storyline will the game follow as Batman is dead. As the release date is coming near, the game developers are releasing new gameplay every other day. This article will clear all your queries about DC Gotham Knights, the release date, gameplay, storyline, and more.
1. Everything about DC Gotham Knights
Gotham Knights is an Action RPG game, developed by WB Games Montreal. The game follows the story of the crime that is happening in Gotham after the death of Batman. Gotham Knights will focus on four characters – Batgirl, Robin, Red Hood, and Nightwing. These four characters will take on two crime groups – The Court of Owls and the Talons.
The game allows you drop-in drop-out co-op gameplay but only for two players. The game wants you to play in co-op mode instead of playing it in single-player mode. Recently during Gamescom Opening Night Live, WB Games Montreal dropped a new trailer and the release date for the game.
I. Gotham Knights Release Date
After the game got delayed to 2022, we finally have a release date for Gotham Knights. During the Gamescom Opening Night Live, WB Games Montreal revealed a new trailer and gameplay for the game. They also announced the release date saying the game will be coming out on October 25, 2022. The game will be available to play on PC, Xbox Series X and S, and PlayStation 5.
II. Gotham Knights Storyline
The Action RPG game follows the story of Gotham after the death of its protector Batman. The streets of Gotham are running wild and crime is everywhere and no one is there to protect them. So, The Batman family of Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin will come together to fight against the crime in Gotham.
There are two main criminal groups in Gotham that will be focused on in this game – The Court of Owls and the Talons. The Batman family will also look into what happened to Batman that led to his death. I personally am curious to find out how did Batman die in-game.
III. Gotham Knights Characters
The game follows the story of Batman’s family of four:
- Batgirl: Barbara Gordon is the Batgirl in-game, she’s the daughter of Commissioner Gordon. She will be the one most closest to Batman and affected by his death. She attacks and uses martial arts, tonfa, skills with technology, and a wide range of gadgets to take out the enemies.
- Nightwing: Dick Grayson is Nightwing, he was going through a rebellious phase after Batman’s death. He uses an Escrima stick to fight with enemies and he can also do inefficient flip attacks.
- Red Hood: Jason Todd is Red Hood in Gotham Knights, he uses twin pistols while fighting with enemies. His pistols are designed to incapacitate, but not to kill.
- Robin: Tim Drake is Robin, and is the next playable character in-game. He is one of the youngest members of the Batman family. He is the master of Psychology, he uses gadgets and he can also sneak around to attack his enemies.
IV. System Requirements
|Processor||Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 3 1200||Intel Core i5-7600K or AMD Ryzen 5 3500|
|RAM||8 GB||8 GB|
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|GPU||GeForce GTX 750 Ti or Radeon HD 7850||GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290|
|Dedicated Video RAM||2048 MB||4096 MB|
2. About Gotham Knights
Gotham Knights is an Action RPG game, developed by WB Games Montreal. The game follows the story of the crime that is happening in Gotham after the death of Batman. Gotham Knights will focus on four characters – Batgirl, Robin, Red Hood, and Nightwing. These four characters will take on two crime groups – The Court of Owls and the Talons. The game will be available to play on PC, the Xbox Series X and S, and PlayStation 5.