It’s another Patch Day for Valorant, and we all do love it, Right? Well, if you do, you might have to rethink this one. There are some major game-changing changes in Valorant Patch Notes 3.06. Especially, if you like to play agents such as Jett, Sky, and the newly added KAY/O.
With the recent patch notes 3.06, you need to reconsider the play style of the above-mentioned agents. This Patch aims at providing balance to mainly two Initiators, Skye and KAY/O. Also, Jett got nerfed pretty hard this time.
So let’s look at what Valorant Patch Notes 3.06 has to offer along with the agent changes that it comes with.
I. Skye Nerf Changes: Becomes Sluggish with Patch 3.06
Lately, Skye is becoming very popular among both casual and pro players alike. To think of an increase in pickup ratio from 32% in Iceland to 73.5% in Berlin supports the fact, that Skye is now a pretty crucial agent in the game. However, when Riot caught a glimpse of this upsurge decided to nerf the agent with the Patch 3.06 in Valorant.
The Sky changes with Patch 3.06 are as follows:
Guiding Light (E)
- Unequip time after casting or bending Guiding Light’s projectile increased .5 >>> .75
- Windup time after activation before the flash goes off increased .25 >>> .3
- Cost increased 6 >>> 7
This would mean, Skye loses its Initiator cum Duelist potential as it won’t be able to make fast plays. Hence, shifting the pace of the agent more towards a supporting one. This would increase her role more as an initiator and gather intel.
Also considering how useful Skye’s ult is, Riot decided to increase the cost to 7 ult orbs with the latest patch.
II. Jett Nerf Changes in Valorant Patch Notes 3.06
As soon as players moved on from the previous Jett nerf, Riot came up with another. There’s no question about the dominance Jett portrays in the game. A pickup rate of 100% in VCT Stage 3 Berlin speaks for itself. The Jett nerf in the 3.06 Patch can push players to change their playstyle and the usage of agent’s utilities.
The Jett changes with Patch 3.06 are as follows:
- Charges reduced 3 >>> 2.
- Right-click/Alternate Fire kills no longer recharge Jett’s kunai.
- Right-click/Alt. Fire damage changes are reverted, damage and multipliers will mirror the left-click.
Now that Jett comes up with only 2 cloudbursts, we can expect to see more of the less aggressive Jett users. Cloudbursts provided a great way of escape from the enemy’s line of fire, and a great way to retreat during a fight. With a reduced amount of two cloudbursts, players will be a lot conservative to use them.
The next big change that happened to the Jett’s kit is to her ultimate. While using Bladestorm a right-click kill won’t recharge Jett’s Kunai. This would imply players need to more rely on the left click and hence on their aim. Moreover, they compensated that by giving the right-click the same damage and multipliers as the left click.
Thus, now one right-click kunai would deal 150 damage and therefore killing the enemy. Unlike before, where one right-click would only deal damage of 100 HP.
III. KAY/O Buff Changes: A lot more Aggresive with Patch 3.06
Considering KAY/O being a new addition to the agent tier list, we expected changes made into his kit as the meta involves. The new changes make him a lot more aggressive in his playstyle.
The KAY/O changes with Patch 3.06 are as follows:
- Duration of windup telegraph reduced 0.5s >>> 0.3s
- Duration of windup telegraph reduced on Right Click 1s >>> 0.3s
- The audio attached to the in-flight projectile has been removed
- Does not stop pulsing after being downed
The changes made into his flash will result in very aggressive plays. We can see how Riot is trying to shift the player’s focus from Skye to KAY/O. Reducing the wind-up telegraph duration sure does reminds us of quick close flash and kill meta from Skye.
Moreover, his ultimate continuing to pulsating after being downed would definitely be a nuisance for the enemy team. To be able to use their abilities, enemies have to kill him once he is downed, and considering the tank, he is once knocked during his ultimate it sure does will cause a lot of trouble to the opponents.
This will also result in a good scope of getting easy trades for the ally as well.
IV. Map Changes in Valorant Patch Notes 3.06
There are very crucial map changes in Valorant within the 3.06 Patch Notes. The 3.06 Patch comes up with map changes within every map. The map changes are as follows:
- Tunnel to Generator/Canteen areas can no longer be bullet penned (a.k.a. wallbang)
- One crate on B site is no longer pennable
- One stack of crates on A site is no longer pennable. It will make harder for defenders to get a wall bang kill while attackers are planting.
- The crate stack on B site is no longer pennable. One of the most common wall bang spot on B site in Icebox. Will allow more freedom to attackers.
- One of the crates on C site is no longer wall bangable. This will allow attackers to plant more safely.
- One crate on A site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer position on-site for defenders
V. About Valorant
Valorant is a 5v5 character-based FPS shooter title published by Riot Games for Windows, that has been constantly giving neck-to-neck competition to already well-established CS-GO. In October 2019, the game was first launched under the name Project A, and on April 7, 2020, it launched a private beta program with restricted access for players, followed by an official release on June 2, 2020.
It has been gaining huge popularity lately, many e-sports orgs have already set up their Valorant lineups and are looking forward to winning titles.